TMUX6104 Analog Multiplexer (Mux)
Texas Instruments' 36 V, low capacitance, low leakage current, 4:1 precision analog mux is ideal for industrial applications
Texas Instruments' TMUX6104 is a modern, complementary metal-oxide semiconductor (CMOS) analog mux that offers 4:1 single-ended multiplexing. This device works well with dual supplies (±5 V to ±16.5 V), a single supply (10 V to 16.5 V), or unsymmetric supplies (such as VDD = 12 V, VSS = -5 V). All digital inputs have transistor-transistor logic (TTL) compatible thresholds which ensures both TTL and CMOS logic compatibility.
The TMUX6104 multiplexes one of four inputs (Sx) to a common output (D) depending on the status of the address pins (A0/A1) and the enable pin (EN). Each switch conducts equally well in both directions in the ON position and supports input signal range up to the supplies. In the OFF condition, signal levels up to the supplies are blocked. All switches exhibit break-before-make (BBM) switching action.
The TMUX6104 device has ultra-low leakage current and charge injection allowing it to be used in high-precision measurement applications. It offers a low supply current of 17 µA suitable in portable applications.
- Low on-capacitance: 5 pF
- Low input leakage: 5 pA
- Low charge injection: 0.35 pC
- Rail-to-rail operation
- BBM switching action
- Low on-resistance: 125 Ω
- Electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection human body model (HBM): 2,000 V
- Transition time: 88 ns
- EN pin connectable to VDD with integrated pull-down
- Logic levels: 2 V to VDD
- Low supply current: 17 µA
- Wide supply range: ±5 V to ±16.5 V (dual supplies) or 10 V to 16.5 V (single supply)
- Industry-standard thin shrink small outline package (TSSOP)
- Factory automation and industrial process controls
- Programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
- Analog input modules
- Automated test equipment (ATE)
- Digital multimeters
- Battery monitoring systems