CR123A Battery Holder with Ultra-Low Profile
Memory Protection Devices' BH123A is an ultra-low profile battery holder for 123A batteries
One of the key features of Memory Protection Devices' BH123A holder is that the battery is flush with the PCB's surface, which adds no height to a CR123A cell when mounted on a printed circuit board. The battery holder is made of premium materials like stainless steel and polypropylene. Its plastic body offers high heat resistance, good stiffness, and easy battery exchanges while firmly keeping the battery cell in place. Stainless steel contacts offer a great balance of mechanical characteristics. It is a widely used material and has excellent corrosion resistance, high strength, and ductility, as well as resistance to oxidation at high temperatures. It is nickel plated overall for mating with nickel plated contacts on lithium cells. Customers can use multiple holders, wired through the PCB, for serial or parallel connectivity options.
The holder accepts batteries from alkaline and lithium to lithium-ion, including BR123A, CR123A, CR2/3A, DL2/3A, EL123A, PL123A, RCR123A, and LIR17335.
- The holder's performance exceeds thermal, shock, and vibration testing as outlined in EIA-364
- REACH and RoHS compliant, containing less than 0.1% of the SVHCs and DBP-, BBP-, DEHP-, DIEP-, PFOA-, PFOS-, and Halogen-free
- Rugged enough for typical applications, passes 1 meter drop testing
- Lightweight at 2.75 grams (without battery)
- PP is rated at Vicat softening temperature of +155°C per ISO 306
- PP is FDA approved for repeated food contact per 21 CFR 177.1520
- Wave soldering is quick and reliable with 2 wide blade PC pins